Favorite Quotes

Pat's Pick:

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” ~ Albert Einstein

MJ's Pick:

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce




Friday, February 6, 2015

GETTING OLDER

It's weird.....I know without a doubt that I am getting older, but I keep waiting for the day that I FEEL different.  It's difficult to describe.  To me, I 'm not yet really, really old and in my mind (and if I am not looking in a mirror.....LOL), I still feel the same as I have all along.  I am still ME in my own skin. One look in the mirror, though, brings back reality and I wonder, "Where did all the years go?"  I keep waiting to feel older.  But it hasn't happened yet.  

I knew this was going to be hard to explain......LOL.  For instance, in my mind, I can picture how I used to do cartwheels as a young girl and I still FEEL like I can today - even though I know beyond a doubt that I physically can't.  And I still feel like today I could do all the dance moves that I used to do in my 20's and 30's - even though, again, I know beyond a doubt that I can't.  

I still FEEL now - in my mind - the same as I did back then.  I guess this is what is meant by "feeling young"?  

No comments:

Post a Comment