Favorite Quotes

Pat's Pick:

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” ~ Albert Einstein

MJ's Pick:

"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce




Monday, February 2, 2015

CANDID POSTING

Does anyone else out there have difficulty deciding whether to post or not to post?  Do you censor your writing/posts?  Do your posts contain 100% how you feel or 100% how you feel AT THAT MOMENT?  Often, I find myself censoring my writing.  Or, as is sometimes the case, I find that what I write on a given subject could vary based on my mood or based on the time that it is written.

For instance, I look back on some posts now and think, "Why did I say that like that?" or I read old posts and think, "I don't feel that way now."  If I didn't worry so much about that sort of thing, I'd probably post all the time.  But if people I were writing about stumbled upon it, would they be able to appreciate the fact that maybe what I wrote was written in the heat of a moment or was only a temporary feeling?  Would they be mad and unable to overlook what is written?  Would they realize that what is written isn't necessarily how I feel ALL the time - just at that moment?  Would they realize how therapeutic it is to write it out and let it go?  I'm not quite sure what the answers to these questions are and maybe it depends on the person.

Truth is that once I write, especially if it's something that irritates me, I find it liberates me somewhat of the oppressive feeling I might be posting about - therapeutic in a lot of ways.  Should my feeling better, though, come at the expense of someone else's feelings?  This is why I hesitate to post sometimes.  And this is why I don't really advertise that I even have a blog.  In this way, I can continue to post anonymously for the most part.  At the same time, I can connect with those of you who just might be feeling something similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment