There are places in the world that soothe my soul, slow my pace, deepen my breathing and open my mind...of all these places my favorite free spot is Grandma's house! I've got my own room, a pool, am in walking distance of the beach and can drink at any hour of the day with my 2nd favorite person in the world. Sorry Grandma, only Ella could knock you out of the top spot ;) As we enjoy our last champagne vodka cocktail of the day, my emotions ebb and flow to the rhythm of your time strengthed story telling and the relaxing vibe of your company. Here I can come anytime and always be exactly me...you know the worst and believe the best of me...a bond I treasure more than I know how to sufficiently express. You inspire and delight me Grandma...you truly are a classy lady...even if you've managed to cherish such a rebel as I. Because of you I know we need no bond more common than humanity to befriend a stranger and will always feel better when smiling. Some days I worry you'll be abducted by your latest friend, but mostly I rest easy knowing that God created you on purpose and I should listen to you and trust in that...no matter my dogmatic differences from most Christian faiths.
Ella says it's time for bed now so we'll keep this short and sweet...good night and peaceful slumber
~the patio princess
What a very nice sentiment. We should all be fortunate enough to have these types of places to which we can retreat and become refreshed. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you are enjoying your weekend!
ReplyDelete