Favorite Quotes
Pat's Pick:
“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” ~ Albert Einstein
MJ's Pick:
"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.” ~ Albert Einstein
MJ's Pick:
"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day." ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Sunday, August 9, 2009
But a Dream
I walk softly trying not to make a sound for fear of waking those around me. My friends are deep in slumber yet I am wide awake. The TV is on but turned down to the point I can barely hear it. I watch it but could not tell you what the movie is about for my thoughts are elsewhere. Thoughts of past, present and future, of family and friends. These thoughts and more come to me each night but they are not the source of my insomnia. My thoughts arrive each night in the silent darkness and keep me company. Each thought taking its turn, working its shift if you will. They are here helping me to pass the time until either I eventually fall asleep or the sun comes up. Many a time the latter has been the case. I do not wager on which it will be as the cost of playing negates any possibility of proffiting from winning. I shall not dream this evening. No, tonight sleep itself is but a dream.
Categories:
Insomnia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment