The best piece of news to come out of this, though, is that I now have my two beagles back. My "babies" are home. It's a long story, but suffice to say that they wound up in a shelter (the idiot ex took them there), they were adopted (together), but the adoption didn't work out, my son was the one who found them (my hero), the adoptive "parent" contacted my son and told him it wasn't working out and that I could have them if I wanted them. IF I WANTED THEM??? It was never a matter of "if" - I just didn't think I'd be able to have them where I am currently staying. But my roommate is awesome (!) and he told me to go get them. So, they are now here with me - no one can take them, they are mine. I love them dearly. So, everyone, here is a picture of my Harley and my Rainey. Harley is on the right - Rainey is on the left.

Happy endings are the best! These two couldn't be in a better place, they are afterall HOME!! They are the sweetest beagles you'll ever meet.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't call myself a hero. Something needed to be done and I did my best to do it. And here they are back at home!
ReplyDeleteHooray for your friends! Glad you have your dogs back and what a horrific thing you must have gone through! Pets are the best! They give us love when no one else will, they are devoted to us and don't expect a lot in return. Meanwhile, I think we reap all the benefits!
ReplyDeleteGlad you shared this wonderful moment with us and I hope your "ex" will keep far away and leave you and your babies in peace!
Give them a hug from another pet lover for me!